Monday, October 31, 2011

Like a Super Contest, But Better

In the spirit of Halloween, I thought it'd be appropriate to take a look at the vast array of Pokémon costumes out there. Pocket Monsters cosplay is hardly a rare thing, but most of what I've seen is, well...not good. So to give folks a special treat, I decided to bypass the half-assed Satoshis and slutty Pikachus and lumpy misshapen fursuiters to show you the work of some genuinely talented cosplayers.

First off, let's set the bar with this amazing display...

I've got "Rocket-Dan Forever" playing in my head just looking at this.

That's the best thing I ever saw. To anyone who never thought Musashi's hair could exist in real life, just gaze upon that in wonder.

A white tomorrow is definitely waiting for these guys.

These two showed up rather frequently in my search for Pocket Monsters cosplay. All that digging revealed their names as Malro-Doll and Ryoko-Demon, and I must say, hats off to them for such an incredible job!

And hey, the good guys get some pretty awesome costumes too. Check out Satoshi-tachi...

Tell me this wouldn't make an incredible teaser poster for a live-action Pocket Monsters movie.

Or this amazing Officer Junsa...

I can totally understand what Takeshi sees in her.

But don't think it's just the original series characters that get this sort of treatment. Check out Fuuro and Kamiture from Pocket Monsters Black and White...

Where's Aloe? Maybe she's holding the camera.

I can't help but be impressed at all the time and effort that doubtlessly went into all these costumes. That right there is a sign of real devotion. And pure unfettered geekiness, but primarily devotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment